Monday 10 December 2007

POSTCARD FROM MADRID


Dear Fergus,


I write to you from Madrid. We have come to see the atmosphere of the city before Christmas. You know how much I like Madrid: the center with the magnificent buildings, the restaurants and all the facilities the city offers, such as the cinemas, the theatres and the musical plays, but this time I've really been fed up with the crowds. It was impossible to walk along the streets; they were clogged with people and the main roads were crowded with traffic. I thought that it would be a nice weekend and many people from Madrid would drive away but it seems that many tourists have planned to come and see the Christmas lights. I will tell that we wanted to have dinner at "las Bravas", a very homely bar near "Sol" which has the original "bravas potatoes" and it was impossible to reach there.


The city was very lively but I recommend you a more quiet visit after Christmas, definitely.


Best wishes,


Silvia

1 comment:

Rashers said...

Yes, you're right Silvia,I really need to visit Madrid again. I haven't been to Madrid for at least 10 years. I'll make a point of dropping down there this coming spring. Nice photo; did you take it?
Cheers,
Fergus